Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wedding Ceremonies - Rose Vow

Rose vow
Universal Life Church Wedding Ceremonies
NOTE: The Groom will need to have a rose and the Bride will need a vase with water in it. Before the ceremony, the vase and rose should be placed in an easily accessible spot generally behind a lectern, for example. The best man, the Maid of Honor, or the Minister should get the rose and the vase just prior to this part of the service.

Minister: This is a day steeped in tradition, a time when we are surrounded by symbols: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. Today, (Bride's Name) and (Groom's Name) begin a new tradition, a custom which now becomes uniquely their own.

Groom: (Bride Name) I give you this rose. Because it grew from a tiny seed, becoming stronger and larger until it burst into flower, it symbolizes the way my love for you has grown. (Groom gives Bride the rose.) Each year on our wedding anniversary, I will give you another rose. In so doing, I'll remember this day and renew the vows we've made.

Bride: (Groom's name), I give to you this vase of water. (Groom takes and holds it.) Because water is the one element without which we would perish, it symbolizes the importance of your love in my life. Each year on our anniversary, I will refill this vase, offering it to you as a symbol of my ever renewing love. (Bride puts the rose in the vase and they hold the vase together.)

Groom: Without water, the rose would die.
Bride: Without the rose, the vase of water would not be beautiful.
Groom: My gift is enhanced by yours, just as my life is enhanced by ours.
Bride: My gift is lovely because of yours, just as my life is better because of you. ( They hand the rose and vase to the Minister.)

Minister: On each anniversary, as you give and receive the rose and the water, remember with joy this day when you pledged your love and your lives to each other. May this be only the first of many cherished traditions in a home filled with happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment